Lonny Yarmus, clinical chief of the Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, gives a brief overview on lung cancer screening, including who is a candidate and insurance coverage.
The questions are listed below:
1. Can you please summarize the clinical evidence behind lung cancer screening with low dose CT?
2. What are the risks and benefits behind screening for lung cancer that should be considered for a patient?
3. When should a patient be considered for lung cancer screening?
4. Is lung cancer screening covered by insurance?
5. How can a comprehensive thoracic oncology program help in managing the health of patients at risk for lung cancer?