In this presentation, Dharmesh Vyas, MD, PhD, Michael P. McClincy MD, and Craig S. Mauro, MD, provide diagnostic and surgical treatment options for athletic hip injury patients.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Implement surgical treatment options for the unstable hip
- Recall expected recovery following hip arthroscopy and capsular plication
- Recall expected recovery following periacetabular osteotomy
- Implement diagnostic skills of hip pain in athletes, as well as improve management of hip impingement in athletes
- Increase functional outcomes of surgical management of FAI treatment
All individuals in a position to control the content of this education activity have disclosed all financial relationships with any companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. All of the relevant financial relationships for the individuals listed below have been mitigated
- Dharmesh Vyas, MD, PhD, Grant/Research Support: Arthrex, Inc
- Dharmesh Vyas, MD, PhD, Grant/Research Support: Verice
- Dharmesh Vyas, MD, PhD, Consultant: Arthrex, Inc
- Dharmesh Vyas, MD, PhD, Consultant: Verice
- Michael P. McClincy MD, Royalties: Elizure
- Craig S. Mauro, MD, Consultant: Arthrex, Inc
No other members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships with any companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh designates enduring material activity for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit[s]™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
For your credit transcript, please access our website 4 weeks post-completion at http://ccehs.upmc.com and follow the link to the Credit Transcript page. If you do not provide the last 5 digits of your SSN on the next page you will not be able to access a CME credit transcript. Providing your SSN is voluntary.
Release Date: 7/18/2022 | Last Modified On: 7/18/2022 | Expires: 7/18/2023