Danielle R. Karhut, MOT, OTR/L, CPAM, Kory Lester, MOT, OTR/L, and Rachelle Brick, MSOT, OTR/L, PhD Candidate, discuss rehabilitation for oncology patients.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify components of the Complete Geriatric Assessments
- Explain the relationship between use of the Complete Geriatric Assessment and referral rates for rehabilitation services
- Explain implications of Complete Geriatric Assessment on functional outcomes in older adults living with or beyond cancer
- Explain general overview of IPR oncology program
- Describe two Case Studies of SCI Oncology Patients
- Describe the role Occupational Therapy plays in oncology rehab
Drs. Kory Lester and Danielle R. Karhut have reported no relevant relationships with entities producing health care goods or services.
Dr. Rachelle Brick has financial interests with the following entity or entities producing health care goods or services as indicated below:
- Grant/Research Support: American Occupational Therapy Foundation (Dr. Gary KielhofnerDoctoral Research Scholarship in Occupational Therapy); University of Pittsburgh PhD Student Award
All presenters' disclosures of relevant financial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services used on or consumed by patients is listed above. No other planners, members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers, and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships to disclose.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Pittsburgh designates enduring material activity for a maximum of .75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit[s]™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other health care professionals will receive a certificate of attendance confirming the number of contact hours commensurate with the extent of participation in this activity.
For your credit transcript, please access our website four weeks postcompletion at http://ccehs.upmc.com and follow the link to the Credit Transcript page.
Release Date: 7/7/2021 | Last Modified On: 7/7/2021 | Expires: 7/7/2022