Date & Location
Friday, December 8, 2023, 7:15 AM - 5:00 PM,
Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, 300 South Doheny Drive, Beverly Hills, CA
Specialties - ALL
Professions - Licensed Social Worker, Nurse, Pharmacist, Pharmacy Technician, Physician, Physician Assistant, Respiratory Therapist
The 21th Annual Emergency Medicine Symposium: A Practical Update is a cutting-edge course that will provide participants with the latest clinical information to support the delivery of fast and accurate diagnoses and treatment decisions. Expert faculty will share their broad knowledge and clinical expertise, energy, and commitment to emergency medicine. This one-day activity will cover current and emerging trends in the emergency department and will include content on modern resuscitation, hot topic discussions related to crashing asthmatic and other critical care updates, emergency ultrasound, opiate use disorder, pediatric fever management, health equity and geriatric trauma.
- Identify one or two apps on your phone that can be used to rapidly help a patient in real time.
- Discuss options for rate control in a fib in different situations (ie, chf low bp patient not on blood thinners).
- Determine if txa is helpful for subarachnoid hemorrhage and list the appropriate dose to use.
- Recognize, treat and provide alternative pain reduction methods for opiate use disorder.
- Identify and correct any barriers to health equity attributable to differences in race and sex.
- Use best practice medications and airway use for a crashing asthmatic patient.